Neets Bay Hatchery – Hatchery Permit #19
Neets Bay is located on Revillagigedo Island approximately 30 air miles from Ketchikan. SSRAA constructed the hatchery in 1983.
- 70.5 million summer chum eggs for release at Neets Bay.
- 44 million summer chum eggs for release at Kendrick Bay.
- 20 million fall chum eggs for release at Neets Bay. Eggs may come from Burnett Inlet or Neets Bay.
- 8 million fall chum for release at Nakat Inlet. Eggs may come from Burnett Inlet or Neets Bay.
- 4.2 million fall coho released at Neets Bay. Of these, 3.1 million are from eggs collected at Neets Bay, 900,000 are smolt transported from Neck Lake and 200,000 are smolt transported from Whitman Lake.
- 300,000 chinook transported to Neets Bay each spring from Crystal Lake Hatchery.
Returning adults are harvested in common property fisheries and provide broodstock for Neets Bay programs as well as cost recovery for SSRAA.